Leh is India's favorite holiday destination. It lies in the snow clad Himalayas and has attracted tourists from all over every year. It is a great place to spend your honeymoon if you take the Leh Honeymoon Packages. Leh is the capital of the Ladakh district and has the Zanskar River flowing through it. This place is a trekker's paradise. One can indulge in many adventure activities here like hiking, river rafting, trekking and archery. Book the Leh Honeymoon Packages for an exciting honeymoon trip.
Leh is dotted with several colorful gomaps or monasteries. Many devotees and tourists come to visit these gompas. One can try meditation in the gompas. Leh offers adventure and spiritual atmosphere. One can be a part of any or both when you take the Leh Honeymoon Packages. Some of the major honeymoon destinations or tourist attractions in Leh are as follows:
1. Thiksey Gompa: Thiksey Gompa is one of the biggest monasteries here and it represents the Ladakhi architecture. One can find many wall painting, stupas and images inside this gompa. A statue of Buddha, art gallery with beautiful art collections and a prayer hall are inside too. Be sure to make a trip to Thiksey Gompa with the Leh Honeymoon Packages.
2. Spituk Monastery: The Spituk Monastery is atop a hillock and is about 8 kilometers from Leh. There is a collection of ancient masks and antique arms here. This 15th century old monastery houses many icons and tankhyas and also an image of Makala. Visit the Spituk Monastery with Leh Honeymoon Packages.
3. Stok Palace: The Stok Palace was the home of the royal family. The museum here has an exquisite collection of jewelry, costumes and tankhyas. It displays ancient historical finds like coins, seals and weapons. Visit the museum to get an insight of the history with Leh Honeymoon Packages.
4. Hemis Gompa: Hemis Gompa is very famous and is one of the biggest gompas. It houses many images of Buddha and several tankhyas. Be sure to make a visit to the Hemis Gompa when you book the Leh Honeymoon Packages.
5. Shanti Stupa: Also known as Peace Pagoda, Shanti Stupa is situated on a hill top in the west of the city. It is a white stupa founded in the 1980's.
6. Shey Palace: The ruins of the Shey Palace can be found on the hilltop. The main attraction here is the three storey statue of Buddha. This Palace is about 12 kilometers south of Leh. Visit this Shey Palace with the Leh Honeymoon Packages.
7. Leh Palace: Leh Palace is an old palace of the kings of Ladakh and was built by the King Namgyal in the 16th century. It still belongs to the Ladakhi royal family who now live in the Stok Palace. Be sure to see this famous Leh Palace when you take the Leh Honeymoon Packages.
There are many more Gompas in and around Leh, which one can see with the Leh Honeymoon Packages. One can opt for an adventure trip in Leh and have a memorable honeymoon.
EliteHoneymoonPackages.com offers attractive Leh honeymoon packages.
Book your package now and avail the best offer. Explore Leh with the special honeymoon packages provide by EliteHoneymoonPackages.com