Mahabalipuram is located in Tamil Nadu, on the Coromandel Coast. Book your Mahabalipuram Honeymoon Packages with which you can visit city that exhibits the artistic and architectural creations of the past. Temples and rock cut caves make this place look like an open museum. Apart from these, beautiful beaches attract many visitors here. Mahabalipuram Honeymoon Packages also give you an opportunity to purchase exquisite handmade crafts which are available in the local shops.
This city was known as Mamallapuram in ancient times and later the name was changed to Mahabalipuram. There are many places of interest here which attract the tourists. Mahabalipuram Honeymoon Packages offers you to visit these tourist spots like:
1. Shore Temple: When you book your Mahabalipuram Honeymoon Packages, make it a point to visit this beautiful temple located on the shore. It is a well known temple in this place and is in between two Shiva temples. It is an architectural beauty and the sculptures of the bull Nandi are in the sanctum.
2. Thirukadakmallai: This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and was made to protect the sculptures from the waves of the sea. It should be seen with Mahabalipuram Honeymoon Packages.
3. Pancha Pandava Rathas: The five rathas or chariots are made out of a single rock. Many animals have also been carved out. These magnificent structures should be visited when you book Mahabalipuram Honeymoon Packages. These Pancha Pandava Rathas are a sight worth seeing and they date back to the 7th century.
4. Krishna's Butterball: A huge rock balanced on a hillside which appears to roll down any moment is also an attraction to the tourists.
5. Arjuna's Penance: This is a bas relief and consists of 2 rocks. The carvings on this depict scenes of animals, birds, men and gods. It is a huge whale back shaped rock and looks like the penance of Arjuna of the Mahabharata. This attracts many tourists and should be seen with Mahabalipuram Honeymoon Packages.
6. Tiger's Cave: It was made to be an open air theatre where display of cultural programs are held. It is a peaceful and serene place.
7. Caves: The Dharmaraja Cave contains 3 shrines and the Varaha Cave is a rock cut small hall. The Mahisasurmardini Cave shows Lord Vishnu. These caves date back to the seventh century.
8. Crocodile Bank: With Mahabalipuram Honeymoon Packages, one can visit the Crocodile Bank which is situated about 14 kilometers away from Mahabalipuram. Many types of crocodiles are found here and close to this is a snake farm too.
Apart from sightseeing Mahabalipuram Honeymoon Packages offers you to go on adventure spree here. Bike rides around the country side, boat rides in the Bay of Bengal, fishing trips in the sea, turtle walk at the sea shore, trekking are some of the activities you and your partner can indulge in. Buy local made stone sculptures or even learn how to do stone carving on the streets. Book your Mahabalipuram Honeymoon Packages if you are planning out your honeymoon trip soon.
EliteHoneymoonPackages.com offers attractive Mahabalipuram honeymoon packages.
Book your package now and avail the best offer. Explore Mahabalipuram with the special honeymoon packages provide by EliteHoneymoonPackages.com